You are, no doubt, great at what you do. You have deep knowledge in your area of expertise, and or are a great strategic thinker as a leader in business. And you may have found yourself in a position where you have to get a complex message out to a large audience who have varied degrees of understanding about your topic. Yes?
Let me share with you a very effective technique I use with my clients in our public speaking coaching programs to simplify a complex message. And that is simply to use Analogies. Simple right? And yet, how often are you using this strategy to help have your audience walk away understanding and actioning your direction, idea, mission, vision?
AN ANALOGY IN ACTION
Einstein used an analogy when introducing the concept of radio. He said:
“You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat.”
WHY ARE ANALOGIES SO EFFECTIVE?
There are a couple of key reasons why analogies are so effective.
- Firstly, they put your listeners on an even playing field regardless of their expertise in your topic, making it easier for you to resonate with a large group knowing they are comprehending what you are saying.
- Secondly, similar to storytelling, you engage both the right and left side of the brain (creative and logical) making it easier for your audience to remember your message.
Whenever you’re ready, here are 3 ways I can help you start unlocking your potential so that you can become clear, confident and compelling in front of your audience:
- Join our IS Rehearsal Room and connect with other leaders and business professionals: It’s our fast growing Facebook Community where driven leaders and business professionals are leveling up their Presentation Skills – it’s FREE to join.
- Join us on the inside where you will gain access to our members portal Rehearsal Room. Here you will find invaluable body language and vocal techniques, as well as tips and tricks sure to help you increase your influence in your next presentation.
- Work with me and my team to immediately start elevating your public speaking and presentation skills. If you’re sick of putting up with where you’re at now and want to make sure you’re ready to do it better next time, let us help you create and deliver a presentation you can be proud of. Apply here and we look forward to understanding more about you and your goals: